Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BreCarLan3
    Participant

After reading chapter 1, these are some of the thoughts I have. I was taught about slavery in school, I’m 60. Other than that small part in the history book my other incounter was the movie “Roots” which caused a lot of fights at school because me and the other blacks hadn’t seen this side of slavery before. I was a military brat so I have always been around whites and my parents sheltered me from racism. The only time I went to church was in the summer visiting my grandmother who was a member of PMG. Fast forward to adulthood and I started buying the Muslim paper (forgot the name). And liked the paper because of the health information. Didn’t take them seriously because the media taught Muslims hated white people instead of the truth, which was they taught to love your kind like other ethnicities did. And the”blond hair blue eyed devil” theory. I never bought my daughter a white doll and always taught black love. But one reason for the “white doll” being chosen during my time was because there were no black dolls to buy and later the black dolls looked harsh with exaggerated features. Even now with emojis. You have to download black emojis and the white ones are the default. I had to much to say so it’s a lot more but I will stop for now. I’m enjoying the book and we definitely need this for such a time as now. Social media is indocumenting our very young with all kinds of outlandish ideas, okay I’m done 🙏🏿

BreCarLan3
    Participant

The post above was from Carla Harrell.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here